Tuesday 7 March 2017

Paints, infusions with a scrapping of Grunge Paste

Today I've been having a session using Grunge Paste with Infusions and I have to say that I love how they react.


I decided to make my Mother's day card well in advance this year as I tend to leave it to the last minute and am not always as pleased with it as I could be. I wanted a soft, vintage look to the card as my Mum is 97yrs old and perhaps an alien monster might not be appropriate!

So started by braying Seaweed and Vanilla paint straight onto my card base, random areas of text were stamped in Archival watering Can. 
Then once dry added a little Sunset Beach Infusion to some grunge paste, just enough to take away the whiteness, This was then passed through my stencil, PS057 leaving the flower centres in place.
Leaving the stencil on the card I then lightly sprinkled on some of the same Infusions and working from the centre of the flower outwards dragged my palette knife across each petal.


The flower stems were made by using the same stencil and adding a little of The Sage Infusions to the Grunge Paste.

I had a little of the Sunset Beach coloured Grunge Paste left so added this through another stencil ready for a spare card.


This too had Infusions sprinkled on the top and the palette knife dragged from the top to the bottom. I was amazed at how many different colours appear as the crystals tend to stay independent on the paste rather than mixing together when water is added.

The card was finished by stamping Wonderful in the top lefthand corner and die cut letters added. Threaded buttons attached to the flower centres and the card is finished.


I am really pleased with the effect this gives and it's one of those cards you have to touch!

I would like to enter this into PaperArtsy's blog Challenge titled Paints with Infusions
If you have 10mins to yourself make a cup of coffee and have a look at the fab examples the DT have prepared on the PaperArtsy Blog, great inspiration.

Well many thanks for stopping by and don't forget if you would like to win a set of the new 12 colours of Infusions pop over to The Craft Barn Blog and enter their blog candy before Sunday 19th March. Hope you all have a good week, weather looks not too bad for the next few days, take care and have yourself some much deserved "Crafting Time". Jane X




6 comments:

  1. Jane, Your card for your Mum is just gorgeous!
    I love how the Infusions worked with the Grunge Paste- so cool! And those buttons are perfect of the flower centers!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment!
    You made my day! xx
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, love the buttons!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card for your mother, She will really love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! I've been thinking about using grunge paste and scrapping the infusions just as you have and it looks great. Now to take time to do it and not just think about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the subtle pops of pink in the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've achieved a soft, Vintagey and above all feminine feel for your mother's special card! Beautiful, Jane!

    ReplyDelete