Sunday 26 March 2017

Doors !!!!

Hello, and a very Happy Mothering Sunday to all you 'Mums' out there. Today I like to share my entry for the latest PaperArtsy Challenge titled "Doors, Windows and Architecture. As I was lucky enough to be the last challenge winner I had to use some of my fabulous prize for this project.


There are some stunning examples for this challenge over on their blog site so do take 5 mins and have a look.

For the main part of the houses I used various colours of ribbed textured card and Tim Holtz 'Artful Dwellings' die. The houses were then stencilled with grunge paste and painted with a wash made from Fresco Chalk paints.


The windows were made from shrink plastic which had been stamped with a set of fab stamps by Michelle Ward. The backs of these were coloured with Pro-Markers.


A little bit of stamping on the houses before attaching the windows and doors. The clouds were added to the top of the card using Snowflake paint through the Kim Dellow stencil and the bird was stamped onto a piece of white card and cut out.


A few touches of Treasure Gold in various colours, door knobs and numbers ----- all done.


When I attached the doors to no. 3 and 27 these were left slightly ajar for added interest.

Well enjoy your Sunday everyone, I just managed to get this post done before the challenge ends......Phew ! Take care and have a good crafting week. Jane X








5 comments:

  1. I love the way you have left some of the doors ajar, makes you wonder what is behind??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas here and how lovely to use shrink plastic for the windows. Love what you have created Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so original! I love the shrink plastic windows, like stained glass, and the elongated houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little project! How nice that you got to use your winnings for the next challenge! I love the shrink plastic windows! xx

    ReplyDelete