Thursday 26 January 2017

The beginnings of my Art Journal


Welcome to my first blog entry on my newly started art journal. I have been thinking about making an art journal for a couple of years or more and over the Christmas holidays made myself a promise that 2017 would be when I'd begin. Although this is not the very first page of my journal ( that will appear on The Craft Barn Blog at the beginning of March ) this is the first time I've made an entry on my blog page.


I began by applying some Fresco paint in Mermaid with a brayer, then once dry added some distress inks through a Stencil Girl stencil.


More detail was added using a different stencil and 2 warm tones in distress inks. The bottom of the page was then stamped using a mix of Brilliance Pearlescent Olive and Ocean Depth ink and a stamp called Frise en Ribambelle by Carabelle Studio. 
Odd detail of colour was added to the stamped image using Distress Markers.


The flowers from PaperArtsy ZA08 a recent issue, were stamped onto white card that had been coloured with various Pan Pastels. These were then cut out and I played around for a time before deciding on their final position.

The fab sentiment was stamped in black Versafine ink and the flowers stamped onto the page. Before sticking the coloured flowers over the stamped images I added stems and a few dots and doodles with a fine black pen. 


Finally I painted a mini Tando Creative heart in Fresco Blush and drew on a smiley face!


Every time I read this message I have a little smile to myself ------ it's perfect.

Well now that I've begun my art journal and I must say have really enjoyed the time spent on the pages I will have to think seriously about making a scrap book for my 4 wonderful Grandchildren while I still remember who the elderly relatives are in the sepia photos!

Thank you for stopping by today, hopefully it won't be too long before the ground warms up a little and the 'Smiles' will start to appear. Enjoy the rest of your week and keep warm, bye for now.
 Jane x










No comments:

Post a Comment