Sunday 15 February 2015

Paint

Hello and welcome, I hope you are having a restful weekend and perhaps even spending a little time crafting in some way. Today Ive been messing around with paint after being inspired by the PaperArtsy blog --- it's their 3rd topic of the year titled Paint, to view Leandra's opening video click on the link here. This got my creative juices flowing and then I was nudged along by both Sue Carrington and Anneke De Clerck's colour combinations --- I wish I could be as bold with my palate!


I started with a piece of smooth white card the size of a DL card and attached some dry wall tape to the bottom and some grunge paste through a bird stencil.


Once dry I applied Fresco Chalk Acrylic paint starting at the top using the following colours; China and Snowflake then Pumpkin Soup, Tikka and Autumn Fire and finally Toad Hall, Evergreen and Guacamole. This was then knocked back using Snowflake and a dry brush.

The stencil was replaced over the birds and these were painted using Slate. I then randomly stamped the leaves from Flora and Fauna stamp set 3 in Snowflake.


Next I painted a piece of canvas and white card in a mix of Plum and Nougat using a circular motion.


Once dry the canvas was stamped in Versa-fine Black Onyx using the large tulip stamp from ELB03 and the small tulip stamp was stamped in Pumice Stone ink and then brushed with Perfect Pearls mica powder on the card. These were then cut out.


Using a darning needle I then frayed the edges slightly on the canvas tulip.

The leaves were then stamped onto white card using the same stamp set in Versa-magic sage and then over stamped in Bundled Sage to give a 3D appearance.


Using the fence stamp from Jofy 29 and Brushed Corduroy ink I stamped onto white card and then heat embossed with clear powder. Detail was added using the following paints; Toad Hall, Guacamole, Zesty Zing and Snowflake. The end of the card was painted with Beach Hut and Snowflake ready to stamp ' I just wanted to say' on from ECL01 in onyx black.


The picket fence was cut out with a craft knife and the sentiment was edged with a black pen and then over stamped using the same stamp as the background in 2nd generation Peeled Paint ink.

I then decide to mount the artwork onto some cardboard packaging which I painted in Merlin -- ooh yummy colour !


I used PVA glue to stick the card to the cardboard and then attached brads in the 4 corners.


The tulips, leaves etc were attached with Pinflair glue to obtain various depths and dimensions.


I was pleased with the different textures in this project.


And for me this was a bold colour scheme!

If you have a spare 5mins do pop over to the PaperArtsy blog and see the fantastic artwork the DT have produced.
I hope you have a good week whatever you may be doing, take care and thanks as always for stopping by, Jane x











5 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork Jane, love the colors you used, perfect as it is!
    Thanks for taking part in the PA challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous artwork - I love the colour palette, and I especially love the canvas tulip - it looks fabulous. Thanks so much for visiting me earlier - I appreciate it.
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab - love that canvas flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the layers look fab, and love the flowers - nice to fray the edge too! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow absolutely gorgeous, love the background and the flowers are fab. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete