Monday 20 October 2014

Autumns Bounty mixed with Cold as Ice

Today I'm mixing my crafty make with another of my passions and that's foraging for wild mushrooms.


This was our pickings at the weekend and boy the smell in the car coming home was fantastic, mind you the pasta sauce made with them was just pretty wonderful too! The remainder have been sliced and laid out on a tray over the Aga and dried ready for using in the winter.


Now onto todays make--- 'Cold as Ice' is this months challenge theme over on Tando Creatives Blog of which I was the lucky winner of in September. I am entering this piece as I really enjoyed the theme although I would ask for my name not to be entered into the draw for a prize this time.


For this I started by brayering the Tando Large Snowflake with PaperArtsy Chalk acrylic paint in Mermaid, Beach Hut, Snowflake and Pewter. I then made a small hole in the top ready to hang the finished decoration from.


I then threaded 3 christmas tree light embellishments that I had left from last year onto some ice blue fringed wool and attached these to the top.


Next the snowman was cut from white and black card using the slice machine. The hat and arms were cut from the black version and stuck onto the white snowman. The hat was lightly rubbed with Treasure Gold in Sapphire, 2 holly leaves attached and the berries were from a packet of red metal nailheads. The edges of the hat and the bottom of the snowman were dabbed with Versa-Mark ink and embossed with Stampendous Aged Ivory Enamel. I then tied a length of silver tinsel gift ribbon round the neck for his scarf.

The trees were cut using Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers die, embossed with the aged ivory and then dabbed onto the versa-mark ink pad and sprinkled with ultra fine pewter glitter and lightly heated with the heat gun to melt it in place.
Let It Snow was stamped with versa-mark ink and embossed with white powder onto dark blue card and cut out by hand.

I then wanted a base for the trees and snowman so I tore a piece of corrugated card, painted it with white gesso, embossed with the aged ivory and while it was still hot sprinkled with some white flower soft.


Everything was then stuck onto the snowflake using pinflair glue.


Its hard to pick up the silvery shimmer of the pewter paint in the photos on the snowflake but I think you can get a vague impression.

Well that's all from me for now, a blend of 2 seasons! Thanks as always for stopping and reading this blog and I really appreciate all your lovely comments. Take care and have a good week. Jane x









3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous Jane!!! Why don't you want to be entered for the draw my lovely? You are as deserving as anyone else!!!!!! Thank you for entering our challenge again, Karen from Tando x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thank you for your kind comments, I really do enjoy the making side of the challenges and would just feel happier as I have already won a fab prize not to go into the draw this time. Next month if I take part I would like to enter the draw as usual!! Many thanks x

      Delete
  2. great hanging Jane - thank you for sharing with us at Tando creative this month.

    ReplyDelete